Welcome Jr. Art Docents – where you don’t need to be an artist to appreciate art
Earn community service hours
- Walk with us in the LG Holiday Parade in December
- Help create group canvas to be auctioned off at New Millennium Fundraiser and other community fundraisers
- Volunteer: Design, decorate, create and be involved in the community
- Display your own art at Art Docents of LG Art Show (at the Art Museum of LG)
- Earn prizes and a Certificate of Achievement
- Earn a Letter of Recommendation from the Art Docents of Los Gatos
Appreciate Art – Learn Art Techniques – Attend Art Museum tours and activities – Experience an Art Docent Presentation by an Art Docent – Join our Cookie Socials meetings
History and goals
Maddie Abene (Class of 2015) Founder and President, began our club in 2013, as a way to promote art appreciation and volunteerism at LGHS and the community.
Click here to read the Jr. Art Docent Club Constitution
Become a club officer
If you are interested in running for office, please email Michelle Abene (email@example.com)
Welcome to the
Jr. Art Docents of Los Gatos Program!
There are several ways your child can become involved in the Art Docents of Los Gatos!
Opportunities for High School Students
Ideas for the Club:
- Have Cookie Socials monthly, or as often as you like.
- Ask an Art Teacher at Los Gatos High School to be the faculty administrator
- Walk in the Los Gatos Children’s Holiday Parade in December 3, 2016
- Assist in the Art Docent office with filing, art workshop preparation, special events
- Assist in the Annual Los Gatos Student Art Show in April/May as a guide and docent
- Organize an Art Sale Event for high school student artists
- Volunteer at the Farmers Market downtown Los Gatos selling art throughout the year.
- Opportunities for Middle School Students
- Volunteer selling art prints at the Farmers Market downtown Los Gatos
- Walk in the Los Gatos Children’s Holiday Parade December 3
- Assist in the Art Docent office with filing art, workshop preparation, special events
- Assist in the Annual Los Gatos Student Art Show preparation