Volunteer to be an Art Docent! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information.
All trainees benefit from a comprehensive 10-week training program beginning in September every year. We provide the materials – you provide the enthusiasm.
In addition, trainees attend our monthly general meetings and participate in our committees. You can also take part in all our member events such as our Holiday luncheon, Holiday Parade, Book & Film Club, fundraisers and private art shows.
The training program covers:
- Art Basics: history, criticism, production, aesthetics, philosophy
- Elements of Art and Principles of Design
- Print presentation skills
- Classroom management skills
- Creative workshops
- Social integration: Art Docent mentors, social mixers, introduction to our organization
- Graduation at the Holiday Party
By the end of the training period, newly-minted members are not only prepared to lead art presentations in the classrooms, often, they will have formed bonds of friendship with their fellow trainees and other members.
Contact us at email@example.com about becoming an Art Docent.